Housing and Meal Plan FAQ
For most housing and meal plan questions, please see the list below. If you don't find your question here, submit your question or call us at 814-641-3323. Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm EST. If you don't get one of us immediately, please leave us a message with the nature of your question and the best time to try to call back. We process all calls in the order they are received and will get back to you as soon as possible.
- I'm currently a resident; can I move off-campus, to non-college owned housing?
- What happens if I move off campus without permission?
- I'm currently a resident, what if I want to commute from home?
- Can I have an air conditioner?
- What meal plans are available and what are the costs?
- Can I change my meal plan?
- How do I change my meal plan?
- I'm an incoming freshmen, what meal plan options do I have?
- I live in campus housing. Do I have to have a meal plan?
- I live off campus (or commute). May I choose a meal plan?
- What happens to my Declining Cash Balance (DCB) if I do not use it?
- Where can I use meal exchange?
- Where can I use my Declining Cash Balance (DCB)?
- What if I want an exception in my meal plan?
- How do I add money to my DCB?
I'm currently a resident; can I move off-campus, to non-college owned housing?
- Juniata College is a residential campus and with a limited number of exceptions, all students are expected to live in college-owned facilities.
- Exceptions are granted in the spring of the academic year for the upcoming academic year through an application process.
- Students are not permitted to move off-campus during the academic year.
- Requirements for living off-campus
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for possible changes to your aid.
What happens if I move off campus without permission?
Resident students who move without permission will be assigned and billed for residential housing and for a meal plan.
I'm currently a resident, what if I want to commute from home?
- Notify the Residential Life Office and Financial Aid Office of your plans.
- Commuters must live with a parent or guardian, within a 50 mile radius of the college.
- Requirements for living off-campus
Can I have an air conditioner?
What meal plans are available and what are the costs?
Click here for meal plans.
Can I change my meal plan?
You may choose a different meal plan for fall and spring semesters. Meal plan changes can be made up until the drop/add period of the semester. No changes are accepted after that time. First year students must select Plan 1 or 1A only.
How do I change my meal plan?
- All returning resident students will automatically be assigned to Meal Plan 2.
- All first year students are assigned to Plan 1.
- Log on to "meal plan". You may make the change in the comment section of your student bill or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send additional cost with your original bill. A final bill will be compiled after the drop/add period. Any additional charges will be added at that time.
- You may deduct the cost difference from your payment. If overpayment is made, you will receive a refund.
I'm a First Year Student, what meal plan options do I have?
Incoming first year students are assigned Meal Plan 1. You may choose from Plan 1 or 1A during your first year.
I live in campus housing. Do I have to have a meal plan?
All students who live in college resident halls must choose from Plan 1 through 3. Students who live in a college owned houses may choose any plan 1 through 5 or opt not to have a plan. (Hess, Mission, Pink, 2111, 1815, 1631, 1731, 305, 614, or 1610)
I live off campus (or commute). May I choose a meal plan?
Non resident students and commuters may choose any meal plan 1 through 5 or opt not to have a plan.
What happens to my Declining Cash Balance (DCB) if I do not use it?
DCB remaining at the end of fall semester rolls over to spring. Unused DCB is will be forfeited when the school year ends.
Where can I use the block meals?
You may use your block meals at any of the Sodexo Facilities.
Where can I use my Declining Cash Balance (DCB)?
DCB may be used in any Sodexo Facility. DCB may also be used to purchase meals in Baker and to arrange for catering from Sodexo.
What if I want an exception in my meal plan?
If you wish to have a plan other than those required, you must submit an appeal to the Dean of Students Office. The appeal is then taken under consideration at a Student Services Meeting. More information on meal plan petitions.
How do I add money to my DCB?
Additional money may be added to your DCB by taking cash or check to the Accounting Office at any time throughout the semester. Billing FAQ
- Can my DCB be used in the Bookstore ? DCBs are are in individual 'buckets' and can only be used for that specific item. example ~ Bookstore DCB's are only for the Bookstore, Food Service DCBs can be used only at Food Service Facilities.