Job Shadow Host
Do you love what you do? Did you or your son/daughter have a great Juniata experience? As a college student, did you wish you could have talked with someone in the career you were considering? Would you like to help current students explore their career interests? If you live in the Harrisburg, Philadelphia, or Washington, D.C. region, please consider hosting one or more students in your home and/or workplace as we offer real life exposure to their academic interests and future careers.
What would you do as a Job Shadow Host?
- Network with students at a kick-off reception
- Host a student overnight in your home
- Host a student in your workplace for a day, making plans for him/her to shadow you, attend meetings, and network with your colleagues
- Offer resume critique and career guidance
- Buy your student lunch and share your story
What does a successful job shadow look like? Check out our tips for a meaningful job shadow.
If you are willing to serve as a lodging and/or job host, please complete the Job Shadow Host Form. This year's program will take place on Sunday and Monday, March 30-31, 2008.
Please note that volunteering for this program does not guarantee that you will be matched with a student. This depends on student interest and availability. However, you will have the opportunity to review the resumes of any students interested in working with you before a match is made.
When you volunteer for Juniata, don't forget to report your hours.