75th Anniversary of Bands
All band alumni (including winds, percussion, jazz ensemble, pep band, and former marching band members including flags/rifles/batons) and current students and their families are invited to celebrate 75 years of Bands at Juniata!
Play with the current wind symphony as an alumni member, or just enjoy a weekend of meeting music lovers, reminiscing with old friends and, of course, great music.
Register for these reunion-specific events and all other weekend activities. Important: If you plan to play, please register and indicate your arrival time, your instrument and if you have access to an instrument. Music will be mailed by Sept. 1.
Fri. Oct. 1:
- 5:00 – 5:45 p.m. Arrival and Registration
- 5:45 – 6:00 p.m. Reunion Meeting
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Sectionals
- 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Juniata Presents Paquito D’Rivera Quintet (ticket required)
Sat. Oct. 2:
- 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. Registration
- 9:45 – 11:15 a.m. Rehearsal*
- 11:15 – noon Sectionals
- Noon – 3:30 p.m. Picnic and MusicFest on the Quad (ticket required for meal) and free time
- 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. Rehearsal*
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Reunion Dinner (ticket required)
- 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. Dance featuring Big Band Sound
Sun. Oct. 3:
- 1:00 p.m. Call time for Musicians
- 2:00 p.m. "75th Anniversary of Bands at Juniata" Concert (ticket required)
- 3:45 p.m. Reception and Farewell
*Nonplayers are invited to listen to these open rehearsals
- Dr. Ibrook Tower (1974-1995)
- John Fleming '63
- Dr. James Latten, Conductor (2002-present) and Associate Professor of Music
- Strike Up The Band, by Gershwin/arranged by Warren Barker
- Juniata Alma Mater, arranged by Dr. James Latten
- Stand Up And Cheer!
- Huntingdon Municipal Band March, by former Juniata professor Peter Buys and conducted by John Fleming ’63
- America the Beautiful, arranged by Carmen Dragon, conducted by Juniata Band Director (1974-1995) Dr. Ibrook Tower
- On a Hymnsong of Philip Bliss, by David Holsinger