Faculty/Advisor Registration Instructions
- To be clear: All registration happens in WEBADVISOR. All SIGNOFFS and viewing of a student's list of courses and course types appears on the ARCH channel.
- Please maximize your window to show all WebAdvisor Ribbons (i.e.: employee, faculty, etc).
- If a student can't register? Check their time to register, ask if they signed the FERPA form (this applies only to March/April registration) or call us.
- You have 10 minutes before the system will log you out. If you are timed out, simply log in and reenter your choices.
- Be patient after clicking any submit buttons. Depending on server load, it may take a few minutes to process your registration request
- Remember if you are registering a student you must click on SUBMIT for the registration to STICK. If not, the registration remains in the shopping cart.
and enter the student ID number. For March & April registration students will have to sign off on the annual FERPA notification and policy before they or you can register.
- Returning Seniors may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 23
- Juniors may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, March 23
- Sophomores may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 25
- Freshmen may begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April13
- Student registration closes on Thursday, April 9 at 5:00 p.m.
- Advisor sign-off ends on Friday, April 17 at 5:00 p.m.
- It will take one advisor to lock out a student against any changes. Please coordinate with the other faculty member if you are a stickler about advising. At Juniata, we have the classic question "Who's on first?" Who being POE or GENERAL advisor.
- For example, some students will want you to see you first (like FR or SO), contact them and have sign ups, others (like JR or SR) will want to register on line first, and then follow up with a face to face. Let it work for you, but please post your advising office hours and email students on your preference for registering.
- Please let us know if you will be out of town, and make the appropriate arrangements with your students. You can review later what they did. If both advisors signs off and you are out of town, we will handle the registration manually.
This is what is instructed to the students and what you would do if you registered your advisee.
- Students should select courses using the Scheduling Assistant on the ARCH. The Scheduling Assistant is also listed under Student Forms
- Remember to include leading zeroes in synonyms and sections numbers
- Students go to their Student Academic Profile (Faculty - Administrative tab) channel on the Arch and click WebAdvisor
- Students login again with your EagleNet ID and password.
- Faculty would go to My Advisee to select the student and the action that is needed.
- Students who are ready with their schedule use Express Registration – for faster selection use synonyms only. Or, the student may do the following, when using this option do not enter the synonym, ie, EB-101 01 - put in the SUBJECT = EB, COURSE NUMBER = 101, SECTION NUMBER = 01 and TERM = 13/SP
- Students may enter all of their class choices on the same screen. BEWARE of prerequisites (in March & April )do FALL first, SUBMIT, and then Spring for the system to recognize the courses. In October & November do Spring only, SUBMIT.
- For variable credit - Use Search and Register, as well as if you are not sure what you want to take and want to view several options: days of the week, professor etc. Search for one course at a time.
- Use Drop Section to make a change to the course selection.
- Use the Course Exception Form for registering for any course requiring instructors consent.
- Internships - students register for the --490 and --495 numbers within the department; this course will be set at 2 credits a piece. The student must submit the official internship paperwork witht the correct information that applies to their internship.The internship paperwork may be obtained from the Career Services Office, or on their webpage, Juniata College - Career Services
- EAGLES ABROAD students should register for BCA 300 or EXC 300 depending on their site-check with Caroline Gibson in CIE.
- A screen listing Preferred Sections lists the results of their registration request. This is their shopping cart
- From the shopping cart, you can choose to register for all the preferred sections at once using options from the dropdown, or you may select a registration option for each individual course.
- Errors messages due to time conflicts, incomplete prerequisites, or other problems will appear at the top. They have to resolved before the registration is accepted.
- Remove sections from the Preferred Sections list, or click on Menu to begin again to search for and submit other classes to complete their registration.
- You may also drop previously registered courses by clicking on the check box in Current Registrations. Their registration is not complete until the desired sections show under Current Registration.
- The classes that students are currently taking will show on the same forms as classes they have just registered for. Check the Term column to keep track of their registration.
- When done, click SUBMITt at the bottom.
When students have registered and you are reviewing:
- Advisor can view selections on the ARCH but will have to enter WEBADVISOR to make any changes.
- The best way to drop is to use the DROP SELECTION and then go to EXPRESS REGISTRATION to enter new synonym to add a class.
- Make sure you have Registration results and the current registration is showing as registered.
- Once complete, log off and go to the ARCH to SIGNOFF
- Students often think they registered and they are sitting in shopping cart. If your view on the ARCH is blank then they have no registration. The registration is sitting in shoping cart. Only the students can go in and complete their registration and of course, time can affect the chances the course is still available.
- If you have questions about registration itself or unexpected error messages about their course selections, call the registrar's office at ext. 3165 between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- For more information on the registration process, please visit the Office of the Registrar's home page.