Office of
the Registrar

Foreign Language Placement

In foreign languages, students are placed at the appropriate college level based on their years of high school language or a placement exam. If a student decides to decline the evaluated level assigned and prefer to take the introductory course, students will be advised that they can not count the course type of H or I for their FISHN requirements. It will be counted as basic general elective credit.

When students enroll in world language courses and plan to study for a semester in the target language and culture on a study abroad, students can have both requirements of IC/CA waived if they take one course beyond WL 210 in the target language. English speaking placements would not count for this waiver.