Why You Were Chosen
- You are seen as enthusiastic about Juniata College
- You are viewed as a dependable employee with a good performance history
- You are dedicated to good work practices
- You are able to communicate clearly and concisely
- You have patience
- Your interpersonal skills are good
- You are not from within the same department as your "buddy"
- You were willing to take on this leadership role as "mentor" or "buddy"
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information shared between you and your "buddy" - This is a priority; confidentiality should not be taken lightly!
- Please take your "buddy" to lunch on the first day you are assigned to meet
- You are an information source for the new employee with whom you are paired
- Explain social/work situations, traditions, history, etc. at Juniata
- Provide feedback and encouragement to the new employee on a regular basis (e.g., once a month hold an informal meeting to review duties, progress, questions, updates, goals, etc.)
- Identify resources and priorities at Juniata College
- Introduce your "buddy" to people as you encounter them on campus
- Allow enough time to familiarize yourself with your "buddy" and his needs
- Make your "buddy" feel comfortable at Juniata as soon as possible