Public Safety Officer
Insures protection of college property, residents, and visitors as well as enforce institutional, local, and state rules, regulations and laws. Prove a safe learning environment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol by foot and vehicle all college properties, assist law enforcement agencies when called upon to do so, issue traffic and parking violations.
- Respond to emergencies and provide incident control, first aid/CPR, and transport non-emergency injured/ill students as necessary.
- Maintain accurate incident reports; investigates and completes incidents, reports faulty or unsafe equipment or conditions to appropriate authorities and follow-up.
- Operate department vehicle and record mileage, maintenance, etc.
- Secure and open campus buildings as scheduled.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within established procedures. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma.
- A valid driver's license and completion of a background investigation report.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service communication skills, ability to exercise sound judgment, remain calm in difficult situations.
- One-year professional experience in security or law enforcement.
- Knowledge and skills in using appropriate PC software applications.