Completes payroll calculations and processing in support of paycheck preparation. Calculates and files all payroll tax deposits.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares all college payrolls, payroll deposits, and tax payments. Reviews timecards for accuracy in regards to Juniata policies.
- Balance and prepare all quarterly and year-end federal, state, and local tax forms. Prepares W-2 tax forms.
- Performs all payroll reconciliations. Reconciles benefit and tax payments with the general ledger. Reconciles gross to net and proper taxable amounts per payroll. Reconciles quarterly and year-end taxes.
- Administer Kronos including training, programming and maintenance within software.
- Assist employees with a variety of payroll services including check modeling, payroll advances, etc. Communicate with campus regarding payroll related announcements and changes.
- Researches and reviews tax law in relation to payroll. Make recommendations to ensure tax compliance and implement changes.
- Maintains payroll webpage.
- Verifies the integrity of payroll data. Recommend and implement payroll programs or processes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently under prescribed procedures and policies. Supervises Student assistants.
- Assist employees with Kronos related questions and requests for assistance.
- Create corresponding journal entries for benefits and taxes. Create journal entries for payroll related general ledger reclassifications.
- Completion of written employment verifications of wage related data.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma and certification and additional basic accounting/bookkeeping training.
- Three years bookkeeping/accounting experience sufficient to demonstrate knowledge and capabilities in: completing local, state, and federal payroll tax calculations, fringe benefit computations, software applications used in payroll and accounting transactions. Experience with Kronos maintenance and excel spreadsheets preferred.
- Customer service and communication skills are necessary.
- Works independently under prescribed procedures and policies. Directs duties for Payroll Assistant.