Library Acquisitions Coordinator
Provides complex support services for the acquisition services of the library.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Orders and receives books and other non-print materials. Processes incoming and outgoing shipments. Maintains records and resolves discrepancies as required.
- Makes additions, deletions, and modifications to various library databases/records/account, both computerized and manual. Verifies accuracy and completeness of data.
- Prepares bibliographic records for cataloging materials utilizing OCLC database.
- Liaison with all academic departments in receiving book orders, allocation of money, tracking budget and notifying faculty of received materials.
- Provides information and assistance to patrons, answering questions, receiving requests, and providing instructions and directions.
- In charge of library endowments and gift book processing.
- Budget Tracking of book orders and department allocations, send ordering materials and publishing information to faculty.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within prescribed policies and procedures. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired though an Associate Degree in Library Sciences or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education. Some college academic experience highly desired.
- Two years experience in library setting sufficient to demonstrate capabilities with: PC software including Word and Excel, automated library systems, and budget/ expenditure tracking, Publishing Industry.