Head Womens Basketball Coach
The Head Women's Basketball Coach, a member of the administrative staff of Juniata College, reports to the
Director of Athletics. The Women's Basketball Coach directly supervises assistant coaches, student support
personnel and student-athletes. The Women's Basketball Coach has responsibility for the overall development
and maintenance of the Juniata College Women's Basketball program. This includes structural and administrative
organization of the program as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
Women's Basketball Program
- Develop, recommend and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skill develop programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written,
verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough analysis and breakdown of scheduled
conference and non-conference opponents.
- Recommend and enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and
- Cultivate alumni and other constituencies to further goals of basketball program, department of
athletics and Juniata College.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College,
Middle Atlantic Corporation and National Collegiate Athletic Association.)