Head Football Coach
The Head Football Coach, a member of the administrative staff of Juniata College, reports to the Director of Athletics. The Head Football Coach directly supervises assistant coaches, administrative assistant, student support personnel and student-athletes.
The Head Football Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata Football program along with event management away from the fall competitive season. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
- Develop, recommend and implement specific training/conditioning programs and skill develop programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written, verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Provide assistance in strategically scheduling non-conference games to advance the football program and maximize use of financial resources while maintaining an awareness of time demands on student-athletes.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough analysis and breakdown of scheduled conference and non-conference opponents.
- Recommend and enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and misconduct.
- Cultivate alumni and other constituencies to further goals of the football program, department of athletics and Juniata College.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program. This includes selection, hiring and training of student assistants and some game management personnel.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Centennial Conference, and National Collegiate Athletic Association.)
Department of Athletics
- Supervise the football staff in providing direct event management for winter and spring home events (basketball, baseball), and event administrative assistance (track, tennis, swimming).
- Serve on the College’s Diversity Committee.
- Assist in securing and controlling Athletics Facilities.
- Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending enrollment functions, assisting in hiring processes, fundraising, promotions etc.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics.