Director of Major Gifts
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement and Marketing, the Director of Major Gifts is responsible for the overall management of the major gifts and planned giving program, which is charged with managing relationships and securing support from donors who are capable of making gifts of $100,000 to $1M. This position manages the traveling development staff.
- Understand the needs and priorities of donors, recognizing past gifts, cultivating future gifts, and completing asks through effective communication of the needs, accomplishments, and goals of the college.
- Manage a personal portfolio of 125-150 active prospects, reviewed annually, as well as manage a team of giving officers, staff, and administrative projects.
- Develop and implement a research-driven and results-oriented three year plan for major gift fundraising. Encourage innovation and growth and integrate individual donor strategies as well as simple and complex campaigns.
- Develops strong volunteer involvement in identifying prospective donors, assisting in individual solicitations, and serving as leaders in campaigns.
- Reports to the Vice President of Advancement and Marketing
- Supervises a team of direct reports including student employees and interns.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible experience in charitable gift programs sufficient to demonstrate competency and capabilities with: gift proposal design, estate gift and tax planning, solicitation of gifts from widely varying constituencies, and recruitment and utilization of volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills and able to foster, build, and maintain relationships on all levels.
- A team player with the proven ability to lead a staff, to develop competencies in others and to delegate responsibility.
- Willingness to travel extensively and work non-traditional hours.