Director of Enrollment Operations
The Director of Enrollment Operations manages the on-campus operations of the Enrollment Department coordinating campus visits, acting as liaison with the Athletics Department, administering scholarship and student fellowship programs and convening the admission committee to make admission decisions as necessary.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the on campus experience efforts for prospective students and their families. Organize open houses; train faculty, staff, and student ambassadors to support on campus experience efforts. Activate the larger campus community to support admissions efforts. Use data to make process improvements.
- Act as the liaison between the enrollment and athletic departments. Attend athletic department meetings and offer ongoing training and support for athletic enrollment efforts. Support the athletic department in meeting number and quality objectives for each roster and develop productive programs for leveraging the athletic department to increase the number of non-roster athletic applicants and matriculates.
- Administer the competitive scholarship and student fellowship programs, using these programs to generate additional applications and higher matriculate yields.
- Manage recruitment efforts in Huntingdon County and coordinate with the Human Resource Department on admission of employee benefit students. Develop relationships with prospective students and their families leading to applications and matriculation. Develop and maintain referral networks for prospective students in area.
- Convene the admission committee as and when necessary to obtain admission decisions on marginal applicants.
- Reports to the Dean of Enrollment and works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve college goals.
- Provides guidance, skills development and career support to multiple direct reports and promotes effective teamwork and communication.
- BS/BA is required. An advanced degree is desirable. Additional training and education in higher education administration is highly desirable.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of computer programs and database management.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- A team player with the proven ability to lead a staff, to develop competencies in others and to delegate responsibility.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel extensively and work non-traditional hours.