Director of Technology Solutions Center
Working in a team environment, the Director of the Technology Solutions Center is responsible for providing vision, direction, and operational oversight of the Technology Solutions Center. The Director is a technology evangelist on campus and helps to identify technology solutions to a wide range of administrative and pedagogical challenges. The Director is expected to understand, support, and implement the vision and goals of the Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer in support of the strategic initiatives of the college.
It is the responsibility of all Juniata employees to be a part of a productive team and to model the qualities found in our Leadership Philosophy.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Technology Solutions Center (TSC) departmental goal setting and work with the other Campus Technology Services (CTS) directors and AVP/CIO to make important technology decisions for Juniata College.
- Work with the TSC team to develop and implement technology solutions and support for Juniata faculty, staff, and students.
- Work with the TSC team to develop and plan support for academic and administrative technology training and development.
- Work with the TSC web programming staff and Administrative Information Services (AIS) staff to coordinate and develop web-based applications.
- Oversee the Help Desk and client hardware and software support operations.
- Plan and manage budgets to support departmental and campus-wide technology endeavors.
- Work within CTS to build virtual and physical communities to support enhanced learning via communication and collaboration.
- Act as an external entity for IT and IT related programs.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This position is supervised by the Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer under general guidelines and direction and must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. This position supervises full-time employees that manage lab, classroom, and office technology, training, and web development. This position also supervises student managers and works cooperatively and collaboratively with a diverse group of clients, vendors, and organizations including cabinet members, alumni, trustees, faculty, staff, and students.
- A B.S. degree in a technology related discipline with an advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working with the integration of technology in an academic setting.
- Knowledge and experience in personal computer support, course management systems, software licensing, enterprise-wide software development and implementation, and other technology support systems.
- An understanding of web integration and web portal technologies.
- Demonstrated success in working with faculty and administration in a wide range of disciplines to reach mutually agreed upon goals.
- Experience in working in a team environment, including shared goal identification, shared planning, shared evaluation, and consensus decision-making.
- Experience in managing multiple, sometimes competing priorities and identifying courses of action that maximize economic return.
- Must be able communicate effectively both orally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- After hours and on call support is required for emergencies and planned maintenance intervals.
- The position is primarily sedentary in a climate controlled office with little exposure to environmental hazards; however, due to the campus environment there will be a need to go from building to building for meetings, specialized department needs, and assisting with equipment relocation and wiring projects.
- The position may require lifting/pushing/carrying objects up to 40 pounds.
- Must have a strong sense of responsibility and integrity due to the level of system access required for this position.
- Must agree to and pass a background check.