Director of Career Services
In collaboration with faculty, the Alumni Office, and alumni volunteers, provide comprehensive career development, planning/counseling, internship and career placement services for undergraduates and alumni.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Career Development - Create and implement career development opportunities for students to select their POE and Career Direction while enhancing workplace skill sets and personal values. Design and present for academic credit career-planning course.
- Experiential Education - In conjunction with faculty, employers and students, design and administer internship experiences. Communicate internship processes, policies and opportunities to qualified students.
- Employment and Graduate School Services - Guide and coach students in career and graduate/professional school search activities including: resume preparation, interview skills, job/graduate school search strategies, job fairs, utilizing and maintain appropriate technology. Design and present for academic credit 21st Century Career Search couse. In collaboration with Executive Director of Constituent Relations, collect data providing evidence of program outcomes and direction for future services.
- Campus and External Relations - Cultivate and maintain relationships with employers, faculty, staff and alumni through correspondence, committee work, and professional associations. With Alumni Office and Development team, direct a career development advisory task force drawing from the membership of existing groups (alumni council, parents council) and industry partners who are working to strategically support Juniata.
Receives general direction and guidance. Works collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Oversees budget and related operational activity for Career Services office. Provides direct supervision to student assistants and support staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a graduate degree in student personnel or related academic training and work experience.
- Five years of student services experience of which three should have been in career services management. Demonstrated competency with career development and managerial skills including career planning, resume preparation, interviewing skills, job search strategies, networking and graduate/professional school advising.
- Demonstrated competencies in budget planning, management and staff supervision.