College Receptionist/President's Office Assistant
To fulfill receptionist responsibilities for the President/Provost office suite, including switchboard operations for the campus.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Answers main switchboard/console. May answer low-level caller questions and provide support when asked, but will direct calls to departments and specific offices.
- Answers phone for President, EA/Admin Mgr. when needed/out of office for the purpose of recording messages.
- Greets President/Provost Office Suite visitors. Asks guests to have a seat or directs them to office for meetings.
- Assists with Founders Hall (3rd Floor) maintenance and work request submissions as needed.
- Maintains President/Provost, Lobby, Conference Room and Schedule.
- Assists President’s Office with Online P-Card reconciliation – takes receipts and catalogues in file. EA/Admin. Mgr. reviews monthly P-Card reconciliation as Budget Officer.
- Assists President’s EA/Admin. Mgr. in Student Assistant hourly authorizations through Kronos. Adds support for student assignments when needed/required.
- Reconciles and records receipts for online P-Card authorizations prior to final review by Budget Officer – EA/Admin. Mgr.
- Prints and prepares donor and employee list and envelopes for President’s birthday cards.
- Assists through direction of Carlee Ranalli, Director of Institutional Planning and Research projects assigned projects/items for Institutional Research.
- Assists through direction of Executive Director of Development, Kim Kitchen with assistance through Donor Prospect Research, President’s donor travel itineraries. Calls and schedules appointments, secures flights, car rentals and hotel accommodations for travel.
- Adds donor visit appointments and travel to President’s Calendar. EA/Admin. Mgr. manages overall schedule and appointments for the office.
- Opens mail for President’s Office.
- Assists with name tag and event assistance for President’s Office through EA/Admin. Mgr.
- Assists with additional office duties as assigned through the President’s Office EA/Admin. Mgr.
- Maintains – assists with President/Provost Office Suite printer/copier and additional office supply needs.
- Organizes the building specific reps and manages holiday decorations of Founders Hall and holiday trees in von Liebig for the holiday season prior to Madrigal and coordinates/follows up with tear down.
Works with considerable independence, but is supervised by the Executive Assistant/Administrative Manager for the President. Must be able to work collaboratively with diverse individuals as well as campus and community constituents.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma. Some additional office and/or academic training preferred.
- Three years of experience in an office/reception setting to demonstrate competencies in: customer service, project and meeting planning, PC based office software, with advanced word and excel processing skills.
- Phone/switchboard experience preferred.