Accounts Payable Assistant
Enter vendor invoice data on administrative computer systems to create payment vouchers. Also, answer questions and provide payment information to vendors and the college community.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive, review, and process invoices for payment, creating appropriate payments.
- Respond to customer and vendor questions concerning invoice processing and payment.
- Maintain vendor database and records, and create, enter and file journal entries.
- Prepare annual 1099 vendor statements.
- Prepare reports, special and regular, on accounts payable activities and other general ledger transactions.
- Prepare Bond Issue cash requisitions and reconcile marketing control.
- Prepare month end General Ledger entries.
- Assist Purchasing Assistant with PCARD management.
- Act as backup for the Purchasing Assistant.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within established policies and procedures. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma plus additional schooling in the accounting/ bookkeeping field. (Certification to Associate's Degree).
- Two years experience in accounting/bookkeeping sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: basic accounting/bookkeeping, and customer service. Advanced PC applications associated with accounting and budgeting is required.