Solutions Center Technical Leader
Working in a team environment, the Solutions Center Technical Leader will oversee the daily operations of the technical functions of the Technology Solutions Center at Juniata College. The Technology Solutions Center is responsible for the technical support and instruction on the use of campus computer labs, classroom technology, faculty and staff laptops and office desktop technology as well as audio visual installation, operation and maintenance in meeting spaces.
It is the responsibility of all Juniata employees to be a part of a productive team and to model the qualities found in our Leadership Philosophy.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs the day-to-day operations of the technical functions of the Technology Solutions Center at Juniata College.
- Acts as direct supervisor to full-time and student IT Support Specialists.
- Provides additional support to assist IT Support Specialists when necessary.
- Collaborates with the Director of Conferences & Events and event planners to ensure the IT and audio/visual needs of Camps, Conferences & Events are met.
- Acts as the department project leader for computing and audio/visual installations for new spaces and renovations.
- Guides and participates in the development of technology solutions for academic and administrative end users through constant communication with the campus environment.
- Oversees classroom technology to provide effective and easy-to-use instructional technology solutions.
- Responsible for research, testing and acquisition of classroom technology, audio/visual equipment, and computer hardware.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental procedures so that services are provided effectively and efficiently to the Juniata community, and in compliance with College policies and government regulations.
- Assists in the college’s software licensing and end-user hardware acquisition process.
- Provides instruction and technical support, as needed, to the campus community in the areas of technology use for administrative and academic areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works in a team environment supervised by the Director of the Technology Solutions Center. Works with considerable independence and self-direction. Expected to develop operational goals and objectives and action plans. Works cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse group of clients, vendors, and organizations including cabinet members, alumni, trustees, faculty, staff, and students. Provides direct supervision for 3 full-time employees, including selection and development of student staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a business-related or Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of hardware and software packages normally associated with administrative and academic activities, including Macintosh and Windows based systems.
- Knowledge of audio and visual equipment typically used as instructional technology.
- Due to the customer service focus of this position, the individual must be able to maintain a positive demeanor while interacting with customers.
- Experience managing employees is a strong plus.
- After hours and on call support is required for emergencies and planned maintenance intervals.
- The position requires a variety of physical activities including using ladders, accessing and installing wiring above ceiling/below flooring and in crawl spaces, moving equipment from building to building, and troubleshooting issues that extend from computing equipment to power and network outlets that may be difficult to reach.
- The position may require lifting/pushing/carrying objects up to 40 pounds.
- Must have a strong sense of responsibility and integrity due to the level of system access required for this position.
- Must agree to and pass a background check.