Circulation and Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Insures provision of a variety of library operational, circulation, and interlibrary loan services for college patrons.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of library circulation and interlibrary loan processes, including supervision of all students working with each department.
- Responsible for the operation of interlibrary loan including: OCLC searching, requesting, tracking; processing all orders; returning all loaned items in a timely fashion, communicating with patrons; and maintaining the college’s reputation as a viable and trustworthy interlibrary loan department.
- Insures sorting, shelving, and shifting of library books and publications. Explains usage and borrowing practices to on- and off-campus patrons.
- In charge fully of library reserves section including books, videos, CD’s, tapes, journals, etc.
- Assists patrons with utilization of library equipment including copiers, CD players, computers, printers, TVs, tape recorders, etc.
- Responsible for informing campus community of important issues related to the daily functioning of the library.
- Responsible for the performance of the library regarding logistics and functionality in the execution of daily operating procedures.
- Collects, records, prepares billing statements, and deposit fines/payments due from library patrons. Maintains records and reports on circulation activities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence while insuring established policies and procedures are followed. Must work collaboratively with diverse customer base. Provides direct supervision to a large staff of student assistants.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through an Associate’s Degree in Library Sciences or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Three years library experience sufficient to demonstrate competency with PC software applicable to library searches, networks, and operations; supervisory management and cash management.