Assistant to Executive Vice President for Enrollment and Retention
The Assistant to the Executive Vice President for Enrollment and Retention assists the EVP in organizing the work of the division and promotes the effective use of time and resources within the division.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides office management and primary administrative support for Executive Vice President of Enrollment and Retention.
- Researches answers and/or drafts a response to routine inquiries and correspondence on own and/or on behalf of senior administrators. Independently researches and gathers facts and information necessary for response.
- Plans and coordinates meetings and events to include activities such as: determining invitees, securing and preparing location/facilities, preparing agendas, sending invitations, developing budgets, and taking and distributing minutes.
- Assists in preparing budgets and fiscal reports and ensures adherence to college policies on personnel matters.
- Provides administrative support to two trustee committees (the Committee on Trustees and the Enrollment and Retention Committee).
- Reports to the Executive Vice President and works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve college goals.
- May provide supervision to student workers and interns.
- A high school diploma is required. An advanced degree from a business college, community college, or other institution of higher learning is desirable.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support and/or office management is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills.
- A work knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and insititutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.