Dealing with Spyware
What is Spyware?
- Software installed without permission.
- Software installed with permission claiming to do one thing but either does not do that thing or does other undisclosed actions, primarily returning information on keystrokes or websites visited.
- Software that sends information such as users' surfing habits to the Internet.
- Software that logs users' keystrokes including but not limited to credit card numbers, passwords, personal information and other data and sends it to unauthorized persons.
- Software designed to hijack or change personal computer settings, such as home pages.
- Software designed to interfere with the normal operation of a computer, specifically Internet browsing.
- Software designed to open a user's web browser without the user's permission, usually to display ads.
How do I Prevent and Fix Spyware?