Community Work Study: For Students
What is the Community Work Study Program?
This program allows students to provide valuable services for non-profit organizations, schools and municipalities in the Huntingdon community while at the same earning Federal Work Study wages.
How does it work?
The Federal Work Study program pays 75% of the hourly minimum wage and partner agencies (i.e. community work sites) are responsible for the remaining 25%. This helps keep expenses at a minimum for the partner agencies while also allowing students to gain valuable skills.
What types of positions are available?
Community Work Study positions engage students in experiences that focus on improving quality of life for community residents. Many of these opportunities are available through tutoring programs such as: Salvation Army ARC of Learning (grades K-12), the Huntingdon Community Center After-School Program (grades K-5), and Bethel A.M.E. After-School Program (grades K-12). Other opportunities are available that address issues including: Literacy, Health Care, Education, Social Services, Public Safety and more!
How do I know if I'm eligible?
You are eligible to participate in the Community Work Study Program if you receive Federal Work Study as part of your financial aid package. Additionally, all eligible students will receive an email advertising Community Work Study positions early in the fall semester.
How do I get started?
Once you have determined your Federal Work Study eligibility and have received an email from the Community Service Office listing available positions you must follow these easy steps:
- Submit an application for the Community Work Study positions that interest you.
- Follow any other instructions included in the email.
Once we have received your response and applications, you will be contacted to set up interviews and complete appropriate paperwork, as necessary.