The Juniata College Post Office is an official U.S. Post Office. We are responsible for all external mail that comes into the college and for the distribution of it and internal mail. We deliver mail campus wide from 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. daily. The window hours for doing postal business during the school year are 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. , Monday through Friday. Give us a call and we can advise you as to the best way to send out your parcels and how to prepare them. For more information, please feel free to contact the Post Office at x3370.Post Office Window HoursMonday - Friday from 10 am - 4 p.m.Office Closed on Legal Holidays
- Student mail should be placed in numerical order and secured with a rubber band. All mailings should contain the first and last name of the student along with the box number, which can be found on the intranet. Flyers that go to students must be folded into thirds.
- Mail addressed to faculty, staff, and administration should include the first and last name and the office name.
- Outgoing mail needs to be separated into inter-campus or metered mail. Note: If your department has more than one account number, mark what account should be charged for each job.
- International metered mail should be separated from domestic mail.
- All envelopes to be put through the meter need to be stacked the same way. Keep all flaps up so the meter can seal the piece.
- Postage for departmental use can only be purchased at the post office. We cannot deliver stamps.
- Packages will be delivered around 1 p.m. each business day. It is very important that a department representative sign for the package. Packages will not be left without a signature. Packages without a signature will be taken back to the post office and the departments will need to collect the packages.
- Packages that weigh more that 20 pounds or more or those t hat are marked 'hazardous' will not be delivered. You will be notified that you have received a package. Departments can either pick up these packages themselves or submit a work order to Facility Services for package delivery. Facility Services delivers on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The Post Office will be open on a limited basis over holiday breaks. An announcement will be made before break announcing the schedule and authorized personnel can pick up departmental mail at the Post Office during the scheduled times.
Click here to login as either a Faculty Member or Trustee in order to view additional policies.