Why Study Biology at Juniata?
Juniata’s flexible curriculum makes it easy to study abroad and combine biology with other disciplines. Or, tailor a POE to your interests.
- Study life in the foothills of the Alleghenies, at nearby Lake Raystown or in the Galapagos Islands. We have numerous for-credit experience opportunities:
- Marine science semester at Oregon
- Remote Field Course
- Natural History of Florida
- Semester at the Raystown Field Station
- Our students attend Ph.D. programs at Johns Hopkins, Harvard, UNC Chapel Hill, and elsewhere.
- Ranked #7 nationally for undergraduate science summer research activity.
- Study Abroad in Biology!
Funded Programs for Research in Biology at Juniata
The National Science Foundation has awarded Juniata College a $445,039 grant to fund a series of faculty development workshops to be held at Juniata College and other college and university campuses on genomics education over the next five years.
GCAT-SEEK is a group of educators who seek to incorporate new, massively-parallel sequencing technologies into the undergraduate curriculum to provide students with a hands-on opportunity to apply these revolutionary cutting-edge tools to investigate biological questions. (gcat-seek.org)
NSF S-STEM scholarship program: The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded Juniata College a "Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math" (S-STEM) grant to provide community/two year college transfer students with scholarships of up to $10,000 per year for the two years needed to complete a B. S. degree.
Interested in Biology?
Welcome to Dr. Jason Chan, Assistant Professor of Biology
Dr. Chan will be teaching Microscopy Fall semester 2013. His research program is going strong at Juniata; check out his website for details!
Graduating with distinction in Biology:
Biology Department Seminars. Monday @ 4:00 PM, Neff Lecture Hall
- Drawing on Experience: Juniata Biologist to Talk on Comic Book Project
- Juniata Biology Student one of 100 to Receive Hollings Scholarship Nationwide
- Juniata to Host Invasive Plant Conference