For most billing questions, please see the list below. If you don't find your question here, please submit your question or call us at 877-JUNIATA. Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:00pm EST.
If you don't get one of us immediately, please leave us a message with the nature of your question and the best time to try to call back. We process all calls in the order they are received and will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Bursar's Office is responsible only for compiling information, preparing the statement, and collecting payments on student accounts. For inquiries regarding charges, please contact the appropriate department (.doc).
- How can I see my billing statements?
- Can I find out how much I owe right now?
- Where is my insurance waiver?
- I sent my payment with my initial bill - Why do I still owe a balance?
- There is No Financial Aid showing on my bill - What do I do?
- Will I owe the same amount in the Spring?
- My financial aid hasn't been finalized - Do I need to send payment anyway?
- Can I make a partial payment?
- Can I pay over the phone, online, or with a credit card?
- Can I wire payment to Juniata?
- How are credit balances processed?
- Why does the bill go to my son or daughter?
- What happens if I have a delinquent balance?
- What do I need to do once I receive my statement?
- What happens if I don't return my insurance waiver by 9/30/09?
- Where should I send my payment?
- I have a credit balance - when will I receive my refund check?
- What are these special course fees on my Statement of Account?
- I signed the Insurance waiver at Orientation. Do I need to sign another one?
- The billing address is not correct. How do I change it?
- How can I change my meal plan, or add to the DCB amount?
- Is there an ATM located on campus?
- Can I charge my books/supplies to my student account?
- What are the semester due dates for payment on account?
- What are Juniata's payment policies?
- How does moving on or off campus affect my bill?
- What do I do about paying my bill if my registration is going to change?
- What do I do about paying my bill if my Financial Aid is going to change, or I don't know how much my loans are going to be?
- What do I do about paying my bill if I am receiving external help and don't know when they will be paying?
- Who can I contact if I have questions about my bill?
- Who do I contact regarding coverage, etc. on the Accident/Sickness Insurance Program?
- What should I do if I'm using TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) funds?
- How can I add DCB funds to my Gold Card for Laundry, Bookstore or additional DCB's?
- General Information about flex funds
How can I see my billing statements?
You can view your semester bills online by clicking on the "View Your Statements" link at the top of this page, by adding the "Student Bill Information" channel to the Arch, or by visiting https://secureweb.juniata.edu/accounting/bills.
Can I find out how much I owe right now?
You can calculate your current bill online by clicking on the "View Your Statements" link at the top of this page, by adding the "Student Bill Information" channel to the Arch, or by visiting https://secureweb.juniata.edu/accounting/bills/. Then click on "Calculate Your Current Bill."
Where is my insurance waiver?
The insurance waiver is located on the top of the 2nd page of the statement, or you can download the insurance waiver separately. The Spring Waiver must be received no later than 09/30/09. Any waivers received after that date will not be processed.
I sent my payment with my initial bill - Why do I still owe a balance?
There may be a number of reasons why you still have a balance. Some examples include:
- Lenders Fees - Many loans have fees associated with them. These fees cannot be applied to your balance. Typically these fees are deducted before disbursement is sent to Juniata, therefore, the total amount received by us is less than the total amount of the loan that you received. Please check your loan application for the percentage charged.
- Course Fees - Course fees are generated after drop/add and do not show up on your initial bill. More information about registration and billing
- Changes to Housing or Meal Plans - Changes to either of these options are applied after Drop/Add. More information about housing and meal plans
- Scholarship/Loans have not been received by Juniata - If these have not been received by the end of Drop/Add there may be a problem with your application and you should contact the Office of Student Financial Planning at email@example.com or 1-877-JUNIATA.
- If you intended to waive the Medical/Accident Insurance, and have not returned your waiver, the amount will still be showing on your bill. (see #8)
There is no Financial Aid showing on my bill - What do I do?
Please contact Financial Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-JUNIATA.
Will I owe the same amount in the Spring?
Tuition, Room and Board will remain the same unless you make changes to your housing or meal plans.
The only differences between your Fall and Spring Bill will be:
- Insurance charge - If you choose the Insurance, your charge will appear on the Fall Bill and not the Spring Bill.(Unless you are a new or transferred student)
- Course Overload and Special Course Fees
My financial aid hasn't been finalized - Do I need to send payment anyway?
If you believe your aid will be finalized prior to the Due Date you should wait for information from the Office of Student Financial Planning
If you are uncertain about both the aid that will be awarded and whether the award letter will arrive prior to the Due Date you should estimate the amount of aid you will receive and complete your billing arrangements before the Due Date, to avoid late fees.
Can I make a partial payment?
No - payment is due in full by August 14, 2009; or a 1.5% late fee will be applied to your bill and you may not be able to occupy your housing, participate in the meal plan, attend classes, participate in NCAA events, and be denied participation in any Eagles Abroad program. More information
If you wish to make partial payments, Tuition Management Services does provide a payment plan option to spread your payments across the academic year. Please see the Tuition Management brochure in your initial bill, or go to www.afford.com for more information. There is a fee associated with this service.
Can I pay over the phone, online or with a credit card?
Yes-Juniata accepts payment by e-check/ACH, credit card (American Express, Mastercard, Discover, Diners Club), cash or wire. To pay by e-check/ACH, or credit card, you can gain access either through the ARCH or have the student grant you access to the online payment web site. There is a 2.75% fee for using a credit card, however an e-check/ACH transaction is free. Directions to wire fund are below in FAQ#!0. Checks can be mailed to: Juniata College-Bursars Office-1700 Moore Street-Huntingdon, PA 16652, and payments by cash or check can be made directly in the Bursars Office located in the Stone House.
Can I wire payment to Juniata?
Yes. Please contact the Bursars Office at BursarsOffice@juniata.edu or 814-641-3302.
How are credit balances processed?
TMS Customers: If you have signed up for payment through Tuition Management Services, refund checks will not be issued. Your balance with TMS will need to be adjusted to reflect this credit balance. You can either contact TMS or Accounting Services to make this adjustment.
If you wish to retain the credit balance for the spring semester, please put in writing (back of remittance section) the request.
All other credit refunds will be processed approximately 3 weeks after the semester begins. There are no exceptions.
Why does the bill go to my son or daughter?
Federal law requires that the person receiving services be billed for the services. We do not have the option to bill parents or guardians.
What happens if I have a delinquent balance?
What do I need to do once I receive my statement?
- Verify Charges
- Verify Financial Aid - If something is missing; contact the Office of Student Financial Planning immediately at email@example.com.
- Make a decision regarding insurance and complete Waiver if necessary.
- If you have already enrolled with TMS, please verify if the amount contracted needs adjusted. (TMS is not provided with each student's costs)
Determine your payment method:
- If you choose to pay with TMS, you will need to send the application to them. Remember to still return the remittance section, and the Insurance Application or Waiver.
- If you choose to pay directly to Juniata you will need to enclose the check, Insurance Application or Waiver in the provided envelope.
What happens if I don't return my insurance waiver by 01/30?
If you have not returned your insurance waiver by that date there is no opportunity to refund the insurance payment.
Where should I send my payment?
Use provided envelope or mail payments due to Juniata College at:
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
Or, just stop in our office at 1931 Moore Street (The Stone House) Monday through Friday, 10am-4pm.
Monthly payments to TMS should be sent directly to them.
I have a credit balance - When will I receive my refund check?
What are these special course fees on my Statement of Account?
Special Course Fees are additional lab fees or trip fees associated with some courses. For further information please contact the Registrar's Office at 814-641-3165. More information about registration and billing
I signed the Insurance waiver at Orientation. Do I need to sign another one?
If you signed a waiver at orientation, you should see a credit on your bill for the insurance charge. If no credit appears, please sign another and mark duplicate on it.
The billing address is not correct. How do I change it?
How to change your address information
How can I change my meal plan, or add to the DCB amount?
How to change your meal plan
Is there an ATM located on campus?
Yes, ATM information under the bank recommendation question
Can I charge my books/supplies to my student account?
No. BookNow is an automated book selection option that is available after you register online for your classes. You can choose to have your books automatically set aside at the store, or shipped directly to you. Just click on the BookNow link on your Student Academic Profile channel, located on the Arch.
What are the semester due dates for payment on account?
7/10/09 Fall Bill Mailed
8/14/09 Fall Bill Due
12/04/09 Spring Bill Mailed
01/08/10 Spring Bill Due
What are Juniata's payment policies?
How does moving on or off campus affect my bill?
Financial aid resources usually do not change if you are living in an off-campus residence. However, if you decide to commute from your parents' home, your financial aid may be reduced. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Planning to have your file reviewed for potential changes.
What do I do about paying my bill if my registration is going to change?
A final bill will be compiled after the drop/add period. Any additional charges will be added at that time. Any changes made on the remittance form are considered payable on the original due date (e.g. adding a meal plan). Do not wait until a final bill, or late charges may be added.
What do I do about paying my bill if my Financial Aid is going to change, or I don't know how much my loans are going to be?
What do I do about paying my bill if I am receiving external help and don't know when they will be paying?
You will need to provide the necessary documentation from the external source which shows guarantee of the expected payment.
Who can I contact if I have questions about my bill?
Who do I contact regarding coverage, etc. on the Accident/Sickness Insurance Program?
Contact Bollinger Insurance at www.BollingerInsurance.com/juniata or (866)267-0092 (claims/coverage) (800)526-1379 (other questions). Billing FAQ
What should I do if I'm using TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) funds?
Have funds designated to be paid directly to Juniata College, and note on the back of the remittance section of the statement under "Comments" that TAP funds will be used.
- How can I add DCB funds to my Gold Card for Laundry, Bookstore or additional DCB's?
Money can be added to your Gold Card for Laundry, Bookstore and Additional Meal Plan flex funds/DCB's. This money is kept separate, and is in addition to any flex funds/DCB's already included with a selected Meal Plan. Money may be added to your Gold Card by check, cash, credit card, e-check/ACH and also by charging your Student Account. (Payments currently made through the online system will be posted to your account within 24 hours of the next business day). If you are depositing funds to your Gold Card via cash or check or charging your Student Account, you should include your ID# and where you would like the additional money deposited. A form for adding additional monies can be found on the Accounting FAQ page, or by stopping by the Accounting Services/Bursars Office.DCB form
- General Information about Flex Funds
The funds added directly to your Gold Card (not the ones included with a selected Meal Plan) carry forward semester to semester, year to year. The flex funds/DCB's included with a selected Meal Plan DO NOT carry forward, and must be used by the end of the Semester or it is lost. The flex funds/DCB's included with a selected meal plan are used first and then the Additional Meal Plan flex funds/DCB purchased separately are used.
Upon request, funds may be transferred from one type of deposit to another. For example, funds may be transferred from the Bookstore Flex Funds to the Additional Dining Dollars Flex fund. This type of transfer may be done only once a year. Additional requested transfers will be processed, but there will be a $5.00 fee assessed for each request.
At the end of your enrollment at Juniata, all remaining flex funds will be refunded.